My Shop at Zibbet

Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's All about the Colors

"Colour is my day-long obsession, joy and torment." Claude Monet

"The best color in the whole world, is the one that looks good, on you!" Coco Chanel

As I posted last week, I was getting pretty tired of beading with pink beads, so this week I decided to bead up something in my favorite colors. By favorite colors, I mean the colors that look the best on me. So here is a pic of my latest project.
Now that I am done with pink beads and have used my favorite color combo of black and red, I have to start doing fall colored stuff for my Zibbet shop. As I was going through my bead stash, I noticed that it is getting quite low. I am not totally out of  beads, but what I have is mostly beads leftover from past projects. Little bits of many different kinds of beads, but not a whole lot of any one type or color of bead. So instead of  buying more beads,  I ordered the book Beaded Colorways by Beverly Ash Gilbert. She makes amazing freeform beaded jewelry using bead soups. Bead soup is when you mix a whole pile of color-related seed beads, gemstones, crystal, etc together creating colors and textures of great depth. I plan on making lots of bead soups to use up all my left over beads. The book comes with two color wheels and templates to use with them to explore many different color schemes. The book has gotten me very excited about color.

So in closing, here is the new fall 2010 color guide for women from Pantone.  Pantone is a world wide authority on color across several different industries including fashion and interior design.


I hope you find these colors as inspiring as I do.
TTYL and make it a good day,
Debbie

No comments: